Thursday, May 17, 2018

Excursions


File:Grizzly Bear Yellowstone.jpg




At left, a Grizzly Bear as photographed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife folks. Terry Tollefsbol in this case. Nice job.

Our crew is going to Yellowstone in the fall and I'm getting up to speed on flies, rivers, terrain, weather, and the works.

As a destination, it's an embarrassment of riches.

I'm also considering eating nothing but bacon sandwiches all week.  It's what this guy would eat if he could ask.

I'm sitting on the bank and watching the water, eating a bacon sandwich on toast, drinking coffee. 

I could start everyday like that.


2 comments:

  1. That bear is one awesome creature. I don't live near them but would love to see one in the wild.
    I would love to have a bacon sandwich to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to use some of Steve's low water Spey flies and hunt for large pre-spawn browns. Hope for a "lifetime achievement" photo. Frankly, I think any picture of a fish with Yellowstone around makes that claim.

    The planning parts of trips are almost as much fun as the trips themselves!

    I too love bears ... through my binoculars on the next mountain slope over.

    ReplyDelete