Thursday, November 5, 2020

The End of 2020

 

One of the highlights of 2020 was a pilgrimage by the Amber Liquid guys to the mouth of the Two-Hearted River on the shores of Lake Superior.


We were fortunate to encounter a break in covid-19 before today's big swing began.

Kevin is making chili because ... camping needs chili. Was it summer? Sure. Was Superior a cold blooded bear drowner? Yes.

Chili.


I'm declaring an end to 2020. Frankly, I've had enough.

Monday night saw the resumption of our local Monday Night Flies group. We used Google Meet (free, encrypted end-to-end, easy access without passcode). Some nice flies were tied despite a little rust at the bench. 

The virtual fly tying really lightened my spirits and made me think I was doing something positive. I encourage any of you out there to get your buddies on-line and tie. It works out nicely.

I've got my photos of flies hooked up to the wrong user account at the moment. I'll get it sorted for the next post.

Time to get on with tying classics.

I'll say more later ....


We're back. Alert the trout.


No comments:

Post a Comment